Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a transaction from a role

Former Member

Hi Folks

I need some help in removing a transaction from a role. The problem I am facing is that the "MENU" tab of the role in pfcg shows too many transactions and too many folders / sub folders. Searching for a transaction in this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Is there a easy way out?

best regards

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You can click the binoculars to search instead of searching the folders manually.

Cheers,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You can click the binoculars to search instead of searching the folders manually.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Unfortunately there is no easy way out - the role you are trying to remove the tcode from is probably a very large role. The "find" feature in PFCG will only tell you if the tcode is in the menu tab of the role and will tell you where in a subfolder, but it will take you to where it is - a nice feature if SAP puts it in.

The only thing that has help me to find tcodes in large roles is to take a look at table AGR_HIER - this table will list the role menu and the tcode - the field OBJECT_ID - will tell you the sequence of where that tcode is so it can help you locate the tcode you are searching for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can always ask the users of the Role where they go for that particular transaction?

Regards

Ashley