cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12.0 sizing with quicksizer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The only sizing recommendation I found for xMII 12.0 was to use quicksizer.

So I ran it but couldn't find any relevant product entry for sizing.

Any advise would be much appreciated...

Kind regards,

Philippe Montier, architect for Accenture on Alcan/Genesys project

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Vinod,

It's possible to approximate a box by using the quicksizer for an Enterprise Portal machine. But there are performance benchmarking documents available that you can use to provide insight into sizing:

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Guidelines|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Guidelines]

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

DO we have any tool for checking hardware/ software requirement for xMII 12.1 from xMII 11.5

Regards,

Vinod

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Please start your own message instead of resurrecting one that was started in 2007. 😄

MII no longers exists as a standalone application as it did in version 11.5. Sizing is determined for the NetWeaver platform upon which it is loaded, not for MII 12.0 or MII 12.1 (or any future releases).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric.

Then, would anyone have experience on that subject?

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Philippe,

Some basic questions first beforehand.

1. How many concurrent users will be accessing this systme at one time?

2. What are the main business processes xMII will be used for?

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

It took me some time to get the answer, due to the holidays.

For the first plant to go live, there will be around 40 machines connected to xMII (probably thru the MES system but it's not so clear for me yet) to collect some basic information (machine status, %of process accomplished), and around 140 operators per shift.

Is that enough to make a rough sizing?

In another hand, for a development system connected to a fake MES, with a a few users, could you give any guideline?

Thanks&regards anyway,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a timeline as to when SAP will publish a document on sizing for 12.0?

Thanks,

Chris

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any xApps listed in the quick sizer tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, not that I'm seeing Jeremy. I do see sizing guidelines on Service Marketplace for xApp Emmisions Management and xApp Resource and Portfolio Management. As this is all I see I think I shall need to take these as an 'estimate'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On second thoughts I'm thinking this is not a good idea as the documents on these xApps are from 2004 and 2006? Any suggestions?

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Philippe,

Currently there are no documents out there for sizing 12.0. The recommended approach is to use the quicksizer and use Netweaver as what your sizing. This is due to the fact that xMII is still not in Quicksizer as you noticed.

Regards,

Erik