cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation decision about EDIFACT to XML conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My company wants to convert invoices received in EDIFACT D93A format into a native xml format. Until now i have used content conversion with for other vendors, but now a vendor uses EDIFACT D93A format. the content conversion can be tedious and complex to debug.

Our XI is on NW2004s SP 10

How can i check if conversion agent is already present on my XI ? Is not is Installing it is the work of Basis consultant or XI consultant?

How technically hard is the whole installation Process?

I would like suggestions and recommendations how to implement this,

The options i found out until now are ( in order of simplicity)

1. Integrating Stylus studio , and calling it from adapter module parameters tab in CC .

2. Using Conversion agent by Itemfield and calling it in module parameters tab in CC

3. Using Seeburger EDI adapter

4. Using content conversion in file adapter.

Considering cost and Technical implementation difficulties what is the best approach and are there any other approaches?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4. Not possible or extremely difficult

3. Costly

2. Good option. But would require minimum 590MB installation space

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

1. Adapter module could be developed but it would be a bit time consuming

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses , I decided to use content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger Adapter's BIC Mapping module can do the trick

For File adapter content conversion, u wud have to make up a module and include in the adapter's module tab but its not difficult

Others wud require some serious thinking

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

The module in file adapter sounds simple and interesting, When u say module u mean a java program for the conversion , is that right ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter module is an EJB whichc is deployd on the adapter engine.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try getting hold of seeburger adapter coz bic mapping module converts this particular format to xml and vice versa...u wont have to sweat much

i havnt tried prateek's suggestion... cud be worth looking into

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create adapter module processor and you have to add to your module processor bean to the adapter in File Adapter.....and yeah it means java code