Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosis over trusted RFC causing short dump CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with one of my satelite systems in that whenever Solution Manager performs a diagnosis it creates a short dump CALL_FUNCTION_SYSCALL_ONLY in that satelite system. From reading the data of the dump it seems it is using SAP* to do the diagnosis over the generated trusted RFC, is that correct ?

From the dump:

The error code of the trusted system was 2.

Meaning:

2 User "SAP* " has no RFC authorization (authorization object S_RFCACL) for caller "SAP* " with client 200.

When I test the RFC connection it is all green and no problems. I read note 128447 which states for the above error:

2 The user has no authorization containing then authorization object

S_RFCACL or is logged on as the protected user 'DDIC' or SAP*'.

Solution: Either supply the user with the corresponding

authorization or do not use the protected users 'DDIC' or SAP*'

I'm not sure what to do or how to change Solution Manager to use a different user for diagnosis over trusted RFC. Any suggestions on best action to correct problem ? I don't see S_RFCACL added to any of my other satelites which don't have problem...

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to PFCG.

Create a role.

Edit authorization.

Manually add the object S_RFCACL and S_RFC to the role, definitely the objects will be available in all the systems.

Assign this role to the user you use to create RFC.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--ragu

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raguraman,

I have role SAP_S_RFCACL which I assigned to myself according to the installation documentation. I then generated all RFC's in all systems and all are working except this one system which gives the above error. When I test it naturally it works because I have the correct role. When diagnosis runs in background it connects via trusted RFC and this causes the error. I need to know how to fix that and why it is connecting as SAP* if that is correct...

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

I have been working on this now too and this is what I realised how the problem is fixed when doing checking Trusted RFC using own logon id.

Ensure:

1. / In Solution Manager, your userid e.g. USER1 contains basis authorization and authorisation profiles S_BDLSM_READ, S_CSMREG, S_CUS_CMP, auth obj=S_RFCACL and auth obj=S_RFC with Function Group: SCCA added.

2./ UserID(USER1) with similar authorization as above needs to exists in Satellite Systems

3./ Run the RFC checking in SMSY or SMT1/2.

You might now see error RC=0 if your Solution Manager Kernel Patch is not 80. Refer to OSS 986707

Hope this helps.