cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the SAP Server in Server Explorer (VS.NET)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to add a new application server under the SAP group in VS.NET Server Explorer, but I am unable to browse the list of BORs. I added the server, changed the destination type to Custom Login Settings, added the server name, username and password, left language blank and everything seemed to be ok. However, when I go to open the BOR section by alpha, I get a security error that says something about me being unauthorized. Is there a specific permission I need on that back-end? We are using all of the latest versions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue ended up being fixed by a password reset on the back-end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought - since you didn't mention it - Did you set the system and client numbers?

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem. This seems to be something with my computer, because I have tried connecting on another computer with the same connection properties and it works...

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way the error I get is "Incorrect user name or password (Repeat logon)" or something like this (it's in portuguese)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> By the way the error I get is "Incorrect user name or

> password (Repeat logon)" or something like this (it's

> in portuguese)

Ah, this is usually caused by:

- Client not or wrongly specified (note the default is 0 which is not allways correct).

- If you have NCo 2.0.1, the password is case-sensitve. Older system stored in always uppercase. If may be necessary to enter password all uppercase.

The second case can also happen if you have an older NCo, but a very new LIBRFC32.DLL on the PC.

Message was edited by: Reiner Hille-Doering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. The password has to be in uppercase

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the exact error message?

You need some rights (defined in the Server) for allowing the calls that the BOR browser does. I'm unfortunatle not a permission expert, so I don't know which groups are needed.

Have you checked if you can define a function filter (say e.g. with Function name A*) and see something? Same error message?