Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping of data series in Combo Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on VC7.0

I have three data series elements and I would like to display them in a combo chart with two columns and a line .

( 1.Actual Gross Turnover - Column

2. Planned Gross Turnover - Column

3. Actual Gross Turnover prior Year - Line )

I tried with different options present there in Configure Element , but the two columns overlap with each other i.e the highest column is overriding the lower column.

Can someone help me out in this ?

Thnks,

NR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the Bars are overlapping ?

Just check the following:

1. See if the db column contains NON-ZERO values.

2. Do a mouse over and check what value is displayed, you should find it generally on the TOP of the bar.(Find values of two Bars like this using a mouse)

3. Try to stretch the chart horizontally

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasha ,

yes, i am quite sure that bars are overlapping and checked with the 3 options you have mentioned.

3. I have tried streching the graph horizontally but still the same display.

2. I did moved to mouse to the edge points of bar .. it only mentioned one data series instead of two

1. See if the db column contains NON-ZERO values ? ..

I am not sure of it but when deploying the model in VC , i got a warning message saying " Zero fill is checked without Max length in field "Gross Turnover Actual " of entity " query name "

Let me know, how this efffects the display and what do i need to do to resolve the issue .

Appreciate your valuable inputs ...

Thnks,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i mean, check wether the value in data base is a NON-ZERO. Somehow i feel you are unable to see the bar because of ZERO value at backend.

I never encountered such message.Is it possible for you to provide the screen shot of the output graph.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can send you the screeshots of the graphs that I get here but I was not able to get back that warning message that I told you about earlier.

Let me know what would be the possible way to send you or upload the screenshots to you .

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Yahoo photos , Flickr.com , picasa or any site which you are comfortable with and post the URL . Hope its not much of trouble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please send me ur email id

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see the link to access the screenshorts that I get ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11228090@N04/?saved=1

Thanks,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response , was busy.

Will try to work on your problem and let you know soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if the Data Series field of chart type "Combo" is set to be "Columns + Line" and not "Column + Line"?

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have cross checked data series and its indeed " Columns+Line " in the Chart View

Regards,

NR

PS: i have uploaded the screenshot in the same above link.

Message was edited by:

NR