cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition control and origin ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can any one tell me what does condition origin and condition control ?

what is their significance of them in pricing ?

any examples please

regards

sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Hope the below info. will helpful to you.

Select a condition type on the overview screen for the item conditions and choose Condition details.

The following information is displayed:

The amount

The base value (condition base)

The condition value

The condition calculation type determines whether the calculation is to be made based on the quantity or whether it is a percentage rate, fixed amount or a formula.

The condition category, arranges the fees in pre-defined categories, for example, freight, taxes and so on.

The condition control displays whether the values of the condition are fixed or whether they are changed manually during processing.

The condition origin displays where the condition comes from, for example, whether it was entered manually.

The invoice cycle

The account key, the type of G/L account that is used when fees are posted

The indicator for Split Invoice Verification (MM)

Reward points if it is helpful.

Regards,

Raju.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Condition origin tells you how the condition type has come whether manually or automatically etc. It will also tell you whether the given condition is an item condition or header condition.

If the item condition is an item condition, then at item level, the condition type will appear as Item condition in condition origin, and at header level, this condition type will have c.origin as Item Totals.

For header condition, condition origin will have Header condiition as the value at item level, and at header level it will have the value, manually entered.

Condition control will update the changes happened to the condition type once it originated. If changed, it will have the value as Changed manually, else Adjusted for quantity variance.

To knwo the entire logic on how it works, you can refer to some of OSS notes. Some of the oss notes i have found out for condition types are 647240,876617,615370 etc.

Reward points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is some useful information on condition control - KSTEU

KSTEU is a very important attribute of a condition. The condition control has two purposes:

a) to record manual changes

b) to control how a condition is handled.

KSTEU is very helpful if you want to reconstruct the history of a condition in a document. The KSTEU of a condition can be changed in various places. The most common case is, that the KSTEU is changed during the copying of the conditions from one document into another. PRICING_COPY is the function where this takes place and it also depends on the pricing type (MODE in PRICING_COPY), the origin of the condition KHERK and the actual value of KSTEU. Please refer to the coding of PRICING_COPY itself for the precise rules. Besides copying conditions there are several other occasions where KSTEU might be changed.

The most common KSTEU value is 'A':

‘A’ : Adjust for quantity variance. A condition with a KSTEU = 'A' is recalculated in a ‘normal’ way. The rate has been automatically determined (e.g. via a condition record). The condition is not fixed at all. Especially when the item quantity is changed, the rate might be adjusted if scales are present. All formulas associated (base value, value etc) are executed the normal way. If a condition is automatically found, ‘A’ is the normal KSTEU value.

I could go on and explain the other possible values of KSTEU. If you want information on any one specifically, please let me know.

I hope you find this information very helpful and hopefully it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Martina McElwain

SD - Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Martina,

this is very useful information, please look into my issue this is regarding invoice correction in which when I am changing header condition it will calculate both condition, scenenerio:

We have face one issue in Header Condition when I am entering any header condition it calculate the difference amount and then it sum with previous value, for e.g. if the freight amount is 100 AED in standard invoice and I want make correction with 70 AED, first it calculate 30 AED and sum with 100 = 130 AED is the result, but it should be only 30 AED. Rest of all scenario is working fine.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Condition Origin tells us whether you entered the condition manually or whether the system determined it automatically

Condition Control tells us if prices generated by a condition have been changed manually during processing

jai