cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between view and window ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you tell me a basic difference between view and window , maybe you can correlate your answers with concepts of HTML.

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Window is the single point of access to your application. you design views and place it in window. Window is like your main HTML page and views are the frames inside the main HTML, However here views have no existance alone they always shown in a window.

Regards

Abhimanyu L

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In terms of HTML i think view is just a seperate container class which can group UI elements on designer area and can have some explicit actions defined for this. however window is like a frameset in HTML where u can display your forms ( views in terms of webdynpro) so you can perform operations like onopen window and on close window very similiar to loading or unloading of frameset......

Regards

Anuj

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In terms of HTML i think view is just a seperate container class which can group UI elements on designer area and can have some explicit actions defined for this. however window is like a frameset in HTML where u can display your forms ( views in terms of webdynpro) so you can perform operations like onopen window and on close window very similiar to loading or unloading of frameset......

Regards

Anuj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the documentation:<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/60/a14841861af323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">View</a> and <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1d/5d4941c93f2004e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Window</a>

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

A window is a place for displaying your views. Your view is not available to the outside world. View is available only to your component. However, your window is an interface view, which can be displayed in other components.

A view contains your UI elements. It has a layout (a window does not). A window contains embedded views.

In the window, you can define how navigation between views takes place (by creating navigation links).

Regards,

Neha

<i><b>PS: Reward if helpful</b></i>