cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi_Adv_Med_Get_Variant_List lost lang character

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I use the netConnector 2.0 and run the bapi Bapi_Adv_Med_Get_Variant_List.

it's working but the results in the field "Lang" of the BAPIADMVLTable is truncated to one character (instead of 2 normally e.g. "EN" become "E").

In other hand when i use the bapi with se37 transaction the tables are corrects.

What happened to the last character?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes our systems are 4.6b version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the structure in sap and you're right it's only one character. I think the sap system map the lang fiel with the transparent table T002 for the output of the se37 transaction. it's misleaded me.

Thanks for the help

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i already tried to change the global lenght to 15 and to 2 the "lang" field and a random character apeared but not the one excepted

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hm, the structure defintion says it 1 char. If you look into DDIC (or run with se37) on exactly the system where you created the proxy from, you should also see only one char. Maybe that the system where you tried SE37 was a different one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried on every system and the result of the call by the se37 transaction was the same. There are always 2 character for the language. it's mazing me

I also generated the proxy from an another system and i got the same issue

Message was edited by: Jean Philippe Vittupier

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just checked this here on a fairly new IDES 4.7-System, and field LANGU is ony one character! But there is a second field LANGU_ISO with 2 characters. I didn't see this in your proxy - maybe it is created from an older system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

[RfcStructure(AbapName ="BAPIADMVL" , Length = 14)]

[Serializable]

public class BAPIADMVL : SAPStructure

{

/// <summary>

/// Product catalog number

/// </summary>

[RfcField(AbapName = "PRODCAT", RfcType = RFCTYPE.RFCTYPE_CHAR, Length = 10, Offset = 0)]

[XmlElement("PRODCAT", Form=XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)]

public string Prodcat

{

get

{

return _Prodcat;

}

set

{

_Prodcat = value;

}

}

private string _Prodcat;

/// <summary>

/// Product catalog variant

/// </summary>

[RfcField(AbapName = "VARIANT", RfcType = RFCTYPE.RFCTYPE_CHAR, Length = 3, Offset = 10)]

[XmlElement("VARIANT", Form=XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)]

public string Variant

{

get

{

return _Variant;

}

set

{

_Variant = value;

}

}

private string _Variant;

/// <summary>

/// Language keys

/// </summary>

[RfcField(AbapName = "LANGU", RfcType = RFCTYPE.RFCTYPE_CHAR, Length = 1, Offset = 13)]

[XmlElement("LANGU", Form=XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)]

public string Langu

{

get

{

return _Langu;

}

set

{

_Langu = value;

}

}

private string _Langu;

}

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please go to the definition of the BAPIADMVL class (in BAPIADMVL.cs / .vb) and go to the property definition of "Lang". Please paste the property defintion here.