cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Session Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a clarification abt the SIM session.

I have created a SIM session for reading the Live Cache data and using the same SIM session for updating the order changes ( Nearly 1 Lakh products). Is it advisable to use the SIM session for all the products or to create a new SIM session for every product.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

In general, you already review the information given in the thread:

"I have created a SIM session for reading the Live Cache data and using the same SIM session for updating the order changes ( Nearly 1 Lakh products)."

-> Are you having performance problems with selection of 100000 products?

Is your transaction running long time & you would like to speed up the process?

-> You could use the DB Analyzer to check the bottleneck in liveCache.

"Is it advisable to use the SIM session for all the products or to create a new SIM session for every product."

-> You could create a new SIM session for every product.

It's dependent what you would like to optimize & achieve.

For example, if you need to run this for 100000 products => you will loop 100000 times & may be the runtime of application will be not what you expected.

Please review the SAP note 631629. With selection of all products products in SIM session the transaction will run Long time => you will have several hours old OMS version (Monitor in transaction "LC10 -> Problem Analysis -> Performance -> OMS versions"). It will cost you performance problems in liveCache.

-> It have sense to split the selection of the data in the reasonable data packages to run the application transactions in parallel if it's allowed by application scenario, OS resources, liveCache parameter configuration. It have sense to split the data in the independent packages for the selection for one SIM session, therefore the transactions could run in parallel & will allocate less memory to compare with selection of all products.

With selection of all products to read from liveCache the LCA routine could run long time & you will have the performance problems on your system.

For example, you could split data selection by location or two-more locations or 10000 products.

Without additional information about your application scenario, liveCache configuration & OS resources, and more information needed to give you specific recommendation.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Message was edited by:

Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

That was very explanation from u.

Thx a lot. I'm not aware DB Analyzer. Can u brief me out abt DB Analyzer and how to use it.

Best Regards,

Siva.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> For SAP liveCache documentation in English < See the SAP note 767598 >:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f2/0271f49770f0498d32844fc0283645/frameset.htm

User Manual: SAP liveCache -> liveCache Tools -> database tools

-> Database Analyzer

SAP note::

530394 Using the Database Analyzer for bottleneck analysis