Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select option with freely programmed input help

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create a select option with a field 'Order group' (data element AUFGR). As input help I want to use another Web Dynpro component which is provided by SAP: K_GROUP_SELECT. So I did the following steps:

I defined the component usage of the select option and of the input help in the web dynpro component and in the view.

During initialization of the select option I added this coding

wd_this->mo_selopt->add_parameter_field( 
    i_id              = 'AUFGR'
    i_value           = lo_data
    i_value_help_type = if_wd_value_help_handler=>co_prefix_appldev
    i_value_help_id   = 'SHELP' 
  ).

'SHELP' is the name that I entered for the component use of the mentioned input help.

The select option works fine, but as soon as I press the button for the input help, I am getting a short dump. The error message is "Component usage SHELP does not exist". But I checked that the component usage is defined correctly.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

Thanks,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can find an example <a href="/people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/17/custom-f4-functionality-in-webdynpro-for-abap,

i think you have your component usage in the main page wrongly stated,

check the usage name in your component and launch through there

grtz,

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, copying the select option to a 'z' component works, but in my opinion that is a rather unsatisfactory solution. What is the use of a reusable input help when it is not reusable in a select option?

Maybe there is a better way? Can I add component usages during runtime? Or is it possible to catch the event of pressing the input help button and start an input help from another view?

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards,

Karsten

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

the given example sets the input help by setting the properties of the attribute in the context. If I try this, everything works fine. But I would like to have the input help inside of a select option.

I did some debugging and found out that the component usage is needed in the select option component, not in the view in which I use the select option.

Is it possible to add a component usage to a select option? If not, is it even possible to use a freely programmed input help inside of a select option?

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do like i did and copy the select option component to a 'z' component

and there you can achieve the component usage and everything

don't do this in the standard one

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

did you also define the usage on the view level (properties tab) in wehich you use the select options?

Cheers,

Sascha

sorry, system slow here, did not see Koens post.

Message was edited by:

Sascha Dingeldey