cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of a Sales Order

0 Kudos

Hi

Is it necessary to have a Customer Master record for creation of a sales order.

i mean can a sales order b created without having a Customer Master being created specially for employees who are hired in HR.

regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

customer master is is create customer records.

Partner function is a group of roles for specified role.

The roles are

Sold to - services/ goods sold to - primary sales contact

ship to - address and tax conditons are derived from this role

bill to - bill to address

payer- who payes finally.

further you can have employe as role

Please let me know your specific requirment

reward if useful

rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

We have this scenario in our company.

1.A Employee is hired using the HR module and h gets a personnel number.

2.we maintain infotype 0900 "Sales Data" for this employee here we

select his Sales Org , Sales Office , Sales Group.

3.We want to send some samples to this employee on his communication

address maintained in HR by creating a sales order in the SD module.

4.i tried various search in this site and other forums to find out how

a employee can be used as a customer but was not able to find much.

5.Request your help to tell me how to use a employee hired thru HR in

the SD module for order creation etc.Please send me documents if

available.

regards

Pravin

my email address is pravin_chachad@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create internal customer as your empolyee and link employee number in customer master as a text, you can then raise the sales order in that employee ( internal customer) , also create the ship to address for that empolyee and bill to and payer, if he pays for that.

Hope this helps.

reward if useful

rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

But i have many eemployees so how will it work with only one inteernal customer

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

pravin,

you need to create one to one relationship between internal customer and employee, so you need to create as many internal customers as many employee you have.

reward, if useful

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have one common internal Customer which is generic & have employees mapped as ship to party.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

an Employee in HR will have the data for sales pertaining to Sales Org, Sales Group and Sales Office but for this employee if you need to Ship him through SD order you need to maintain him as an Internal Employee , or Create a Customer Master as Sold to...

As Rajesh gave you an Idea creating as an Internal employee would be easier i guess.

also for your information when you create a Customer MASTER in the Company code data tab, in Account management Tab you can assign Personal number so no need to maintain that in Text....hope this gives you more clarity

Hope this helps

Cheers

Message was edited by:

Anuj Oswal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create the customer you use partner functions. For creating the partner function you use partner determination procedure in IMG-Sales & Distribution-Basic Functions-Partner Determination.

Here you select that a particular partner function belongs to whcih category - whether it is a customer, vendor, etc. Here while creating the partner function you select the PERSONNEL NUMBER and save it. Then you assign this partner function to the account group.

In XD01 create the customer as internal because you will use the new partner function for internal employee. Because you have to specifya sold to party in the sales order when you create otherwise sales order cannot be created.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create the customer you use partner functions. For creating the partner function you use partner determination procedure in IMG-Sales & Distribution-Basic Functions-Partner Determination.

Here you select that a particular partner function belongs to whcih category - whether it is a customer, vendor, etc. Here while creating the partner function you select the PERSONNEL NUMBER and save it. Then you assign this partner function to the account group.

In XD01 create the customer as internal because you will use the new partner function for internal employee. Because you have to specifya sold to party in the sales order when you create otherwise sales order cannot be created.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

well its just like you want to sell a prouct to some one whom you really dont know , it is really important to have Customer MASTER if not everything , the basic sold to , ship, bill to and payer without with logically speaking how will you sell your product or create an order.

also i am bit confused about your second querry u mean to say you want to sell your product to your employee without maintaining the Employee master.

0 Kudos

Hi Anuj

I have a Employee who is hired in HR .

Now I want to sell/send him some material/sample

Do I have to create a Customer Master record for this employee before i can create a sales order on him OR can i create a sales order on him directly by configuring some thing called partner function

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. In that case you have to create as employee as a customer (Sold to party).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

sales order is for selling goods/ service.Sold to party is a manadatory and other partners can be maintained in partner function to represent empolyee.

reward points, if useful

rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

You mean that Sold to Party has to be a Customer who is created in Customer maseter ?

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Custome master ismaintained for the Cutomer with whom the business is done s o we have to maintain the customer master

and it is mandatory to maintain the sales order where we to createa the sales order to the purchase order

Rewards if useful