cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross applicarion SyncBOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

May sound trivial, but anyway.. The logic I am trying is as follows - first obtain the SyncBoDescriptorFacade, then I am trying to get the SyncBoDescriptor, but of different application, but this gave me a big fat NullPointerException.. Is it possible at all to deal with the SyncBOs of different application.. I remember there was a notion for the Conversation ID triplet [Application-Device-User] which copies are hold by both WebAS and device.. and probably it is used to restrict the cross application access as well..?

Thanks,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivanov,

You are correct in your understanding of the conversation ID concept and that is used to restrict the cross application data stuff. I dont think there is a way around this and I dont think cross application data access should be allowed anyways!

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

what you need is a real composites environment which is a next step where all SAP mobile applications are going!

In the next release apps will be build from the blocks like notifications or orders, etc. Right now apps can hide unnecessary infor or front-end components but java code is still residing on the device.

At the moment, alas, you can not do it through accessing SyncBos data of other app, but you can call other app passing parameters. You can see an example of it in MAM: look for MAM/Mobile Time and Travel ntegration code.

The other way of doing it: create a table locally on the device that can be filled by one app and then interpreted by the other. Not sure this piece of code is already in generally available MAM version, have to check, but that is how more advanced MAM/MTT integration is developed for a customer.

Something like: when time confirmation is created in MAM instead of writing the code in MAM30_005, it is recorded in the table stored locally on the device.When MTT is started on the device it looks for this table and prefills it's own data (which is not SyncBos in MTT as it is build with Generic Sync).

I know that it is probably no help for you now, but in a year or two what you need will be on the market as SAP standard functionality.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To complete on Larissa's comment I'd like to say that both solutions needed to be revised with NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 . So be aware that if you think of doing such thing, the implementation might have to change in the future (if you plan to upgrade to 7.1).

Thank you,

Julien.