cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About synchronous and Asynchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt on synchronous and Asynchronous modes.in terms of interfaces wht is the difference between synchronous and Asynchronous intrfaces?which one is better for processing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Narayana

Hi,

Check these threads

Asynchronous Update – The program does not wait for the work process to finish the update. Commit Work.

Synchronous Update – The program wait for the work process to finish the update. Commit Work and Wait.

Asynchronous updating. In this mode, the called transaction does not wait for any updates it produces to be completed. It simply passes the updates to the SAP update service. Asynchronous processing therefore usually results in faster execution of your data transfer program.

Asynchronous processing is NOT recommended for processing any larger amount of data. This is because the called transaction receives no completion message from the update module in asynchronous updating. The calling data transfer program, in turn, cannot determine whether a called transaction ended with a successful update of the database or not.

If you use asynchronous updating, then you will need to use the update management facility (Transaction SM12) to check whether updates have been terminated abnormally during session processing. Error analysis and recovery is less convenient than with synchronous updating.

Synchronous updating. In this mode, the called transaction waits for any updates that it produces to be completed. Execution is slower than with asynchronous updating because called transactions wait for updating to be completed. However, the called transaction is able to return any update error message that occurs to your program. It is much easier for you to analyze and recover from errors.

DataBase Commit:

This statement will apply any outstanding database updates and wait until they have actually been put on the database before proceeding to the next statement.

An ordinary commit work will initiate the process to update the databases in a separate task and will press on in your abap.

COMMIT WORK: ( Asynchronous)

Your program does not wait for any acknowledgement. it just start executing the next statment after COMMIT WORK.

<b>Pls reward if useful</b>

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Async is better

Async for 1 way communcication. No wait for response

Sync for 2 way communiction. Sender waits from response from receiver

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I have a doubt on synchronous and Asynchronous modes.in terms of interfaces wht is the difference between synchronous and Asynchronous intrfaces?which one is better for processing?</i>

>>

1. sync interfaces are used in case you are expecting a reply back from the system. It is a two way communication. Else for just one way communication we use a async interface.

2. Async interface always have an advantage in terms of performance.