cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start the temp server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Whether it is possible to copy the data of all disk in SAP server to another standby server with different hardware configuration ( without installing SAP only copying data from one server to another server retaining the IP id and hostname same) i want to activate in the stanby server whee we coied the SAP datas. what is the procedure do as it is??

bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh

i know that hardware id will be changed but i am going to maintain the server for 3 days until my old server to work. i need temporary working of SAP system . is thre any method do that.

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala ,

Do you have offline database backup ?

The best method i would suggest Homogeneous System Copy of the system .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

In your case it may not be possible. What I was talking about was cluster set up but with SAP disk having crashed and SAP not running it may not be possible. You need to install SAP instance with the same SID and then restore the backup as suggested by Santosh. That is only possibilty in my opinion.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ruchit

i will describe the full text here. the sap server the os is crashed. with the vendor we got the standby server and installed the OS and partitioned the disk in to three logical partition. now we have copied the data from crashed server to their respective disks. now i want to start / initiate the server which data has been dumped from the old one. at present we want recover the SAP by some sort of settings / registries so to avoid the New SAP installation time.Here i need that how to enable all the services from this dump and make the SAP work. where we have maintained the Hostname and IP address is the same. could u tell me the steps involved in it.

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala ,

I one case it is possible to move (Expert Basis guy can take this task ) , still if you are changing the Hardware of the system the SAP license will get expired / void as hardware ID change .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

no i have to dump the all datas in the dir of each disk is copied same as to another different server hard disks. is it possible to evoike the SAP

bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Yes it is kind of possible. What you are talking about is what happens in High Availability environments. But yes in this case you need to copy the disk contents and then make sure the hostname settings for both App and DB server remain intact.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala ,

I guess you are talking about System Copy , using Homogeneous System Copy ( Same Database / Same Operating System ).

You can take backup of existing system and restore the same on another system .

You can install the new ( Temp ) System using the data of existing system .

Please refer for Homogeneous Installation Guide for specific Release + OS + DB on http:
service.sap.com\instguide.

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar