cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jco language issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with displying French content in our EP6 portal. Our code is as follows:

IJCOClientService clientService = (IJCOClientService) PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService("com.sap.portal.runtime.application.jcoclient.jcoclient");

poolEntry = clientService.getJCOClientPoolEntry(Constants.SAP_SYSTEM,request);

this code causes the following exception:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Enter one of the installed languages: (case sensitive)

Has anyone had this problem?

thanks for your replies,

Mariana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well which languages have you installed on your SAP system. Are you passing the single char value or the 2 char value for the language ? And as the hint says is the case of the language right (should be uppercase)

Enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

It is my understanding that we have French installed on SAP. With the request, I am passing the Locale. how do I pass the the language in uppercase? Is there anywhere I can set it?

Thanks in advance,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

The language attribute is part of the JCO properties like all the JCO logon information.

Just to make sure can you logon using SAPLogon and specifying language = "F" ?

Do the same using JCO and the language will be set for SAP. This has nothing to do with the Java Locale.

Some BAPI's have a language field on the input or output parms. Fill it in on input parms and check it out on output parms. If you have more than one language installed you may get more than one record with the text information. Just keep the one that matches your requirements.

Enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I was wrong. It seems that WE DO NOT have french installed in SAP. Our SAP system takes lowercase "en" as the language parameter. And from what I can see in the system config area of the portal, "en" is set up as the connection language. Does that mean that we cannot have a multi-lingual portal? Can we not set up the connection in JCO that it establishes the connection ONLY in english.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello mariana

i have now the same problem the same error message

"enter one of the installed languages case sensitive"

i have installed french language but i cant log in with a french profile

you have find the solution?

can you share it?

thanks in advance

Answers (0)