cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about MCOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due to some reasons,Our company is going to implement the test and dev system of SCM 5.0 on one Server.During I read the installation document,a question really confused me.What's different between installation of an SAP system in a new database and installation of an additional SAP system in an existing database.Which one we should choose.

And where can i find the more detailed document about MCOD.Especially the steps of operation.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

however, I would not recommend to install DEV and TEST system in one database. Sounds very easy, but what about restore and recovery ?

Full DB recovery can only be done for the complete database, not for a single schema. So if you need to restore/recover one system, you will also have to restore/recover the second one.

This might make sense for putting alle DEV systems of a landscape into one DB and all TEST systems into another DB.

Cheers,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you providing those valuable informations.

The firest instance of SCM has been finishied.The following step should be other instance of SCM for test.But I wanna know which parameter should be different from the first instance.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you mean the installation process using SAPINST -

during SAPINST you will be asked if you want to add this database to an alreadyb existing RDBMS.

Cheers,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install multiple SAP systems on a single database using MCOD.

Using the MCOD technology is as easy as installing a separate component. No

extra effort is required because the MCOD installation is fully integrated with the

standard installation procedure. MCOD is not an additional installation service; it

is an option of SAP ECC installation.

Using database schemas, the technological basis of MCOD, it is possible to logically separate the individual systems so that they don't influence one another. This applies to DDL and DML operations.

In the installation guide you'll find the details for how to do it.

Best Regards,

Anamika

Reward pts if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way,if I adopt method of MCOD to install two central instance on one server,there have any specially parameter with oracle installing different from normal installation?