cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 4.6C to ECC6.0 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I am upgrading R/3 4.6C to ECC6 from 32 bit windows system to a 64 bit windows system with a unicode conversion on oracle.

i need some guidance in terms of specific task included in migrating 100GB database from 32 bit system to 64 bit system.the actual process...

and the upgrade procedure..with unicode conversion....what possible errors and precautions can i take while doing that as this is a live system...in terms of zprograms and zobjects..in r/3 and bw...which needs to be upgraded to ecc6 and bi 7.0

kindly share your views and other documentation if possible which can be helpful in this...

answers will be rewarded in points

thank and regards

saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I will try to anser questions in your posting.

1) For Oracle DB migration from 9.1 to 10.2 , please read though this documentation

Under Quick link --> /instguides, --> go to "Installation & Upgrade Guides" --> Database Upgrades --> Oracle --> Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): Windows

would be helpful.

2) There is a phase in the PREPARE which saves all Z Programs and any object that is oringinal in the system being upgraded,

Later During a phase in upgrade "DIFFEXPCUSTI" , the main customer development are imported again.

3) You can have a look at note 928729 - Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC) FAQ

These are very basic details. hope this helps you

Regards,

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Poornima for the reply,

well i need to migrate my 32 bit nonunicode r/3 database size approx 100gb to 64 bit unicode database.

how do it migrate it on oracle from 32 to 64 bit..is there a specific procedure for this.....which is a part of combined upgrade and conversion...

plzz do reply

thanks

saurabh