Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete offline redo log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using NW 2004s ABAP + Java + Mobile Infrastructure

This is a test system, so i am not interested in the offline redo log file. So i changed the DB instance to "noarchlog" (using BR*Tools) them i would like to delete all the files under this directory:

<b>C:\oracle\ERI\oraarch\*</b> (it has 200 files of 50 MB = 10 GB)

I know that with the DB13 transaction i can choose the option: SAVED & Delete but the problem is that i don't have sufficient space in my Disk (I don't have tapes).

So i simply want to delete all the file under the <b>C:\oracle\ERI\oraarch\</b> directory, ( simply: Shift + Supr) can this action give me bad consecuences??

Remenber, i don't want the redo log files, But i am affraid about the consistency of the system y i delete this files directly without the DB13.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Erick if database backup and offline redo log backups go to different tapes ,then just take full database backup of the test system and then we can go ahead and remove offline redo log files manually.I do not think this way would lead to inconsistency in the system.

Padmaja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

deletion of archive logs doesnot provide any inconsistency u can go ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallepati, Dinesh

Thanks a lot for your help, I don't have tapes in this machine, only my Hard Disk that is Full...

At the end the worst case scenario could be that I never could restore the info that is in the offline files, but that doesn't mean that the system will not run or the DB will be inconsistent . Ok is there is a crash you will loss information after the DB Backup (Action & Logs that are in the Redo Log files) but you always could apply the <b> old </b>DB Backup...?

is correct this reasoning?

Best regards,

Erick Ilarraza

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

easy, you delete the offline redologs and forget about them. period.

you will still be able to restore offline backups.

you lose possibility of restoring online backup and recovery point-in-time.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • duplicate deleted *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Sounds correct.

Padmaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric & Pallepati