Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access j2ee database schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a SAP newbie

Just a quick question about the j2ee schema. This is the situation I have:

I have installed two systems: a ABAP+Java stack and a Standalone Java.

I am using oracle 9.2 dbase. The j2ee dbase for the first system has the sid C11 and the second dbase has the sid C12.

Now the dbase is installed on different drives. But, when I use sqlplus to access the j2ee schema of C12, I always end up logging in to C11 instead.

Do I have to change the environmental variables?

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You better use the corresponding OS user for each case: c11adm (orac11 if UNIX) adn c12adm (orac12 in UNIX), these users should have the right environment to access the corresponding db instance.

Regards,

Fermín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply.

My OS is Windows Server 2003. So it should be SAP<SAPSID>DB?

well.. I used sqlplus and access the dbase using system/<syspassword>, and list all the database users. The dba_users listed are only those associated with my first database instance (the ABAP+Java j2ee engine, so these users include SAP<SAPSID for that system>DB) but not for the database instance of my second Java Standalone j2ee.

I was wondering if I need to add the environment variables for the second database instance? Because such variables as SAPDATA_HOME and Oracle_sid, etc. only include values of the first database

Charles

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

In windows you should logon to with <sid>adm in order to get the env variables for each of the db instances.. as the oracle variables are registered under "User variables" and not under "System variables"

As far as i know you can't have to ORACLE_HOME or ORACLE_SID variables under the same user; Is the same as ora<sid> in Unix.

Hope this answer your question

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I should logon to windows with <sid>adm of that instance in order to access the database instance?

Because right now, if I login to the database with sqlplus, it is only the first database instance (the one for ABAP+JAVA)I could login to and not the one for the JavaStandalone (each of them have a separate sid)

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Charles Fung

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Thats it! You need to logon as <sid>adm for the standalone j2ee instance... in this case C12

regards

Juan

PS; if this solve your problem don't forget to close the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Problem solved now!

Answers (0)