cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP deleting Enterprise Portal cookie - SSO failing after using EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EP6 SP11 with a link to Enterprise Buyer for SSO. When EBP is closed, it is deleting the SSO2 cookie causing all Single Sign On from the portal to fail. I have checked the global service settings in ITS and ~mysapcomdelsso2cookie is not set to 1... why would EBP be doing this? Is there any other setting that would cause EBP to delete the cookie when logging off? I have tested with other EBP systems and they do not have the problem.

Many thanks,

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I strongly agree with Gerd.

Once I had the same situation, EBP session management was competing with EP session management. As soon as the EPB window was closed, the dynamic session management closed down the session and deleted ALL SAP Logon cookies. If you really have to use BBPSTART in EP, you might try to set the EBP to single host logon tickets. In that case carefully check the single sign-on to the catalogues.

Generally I recommend not to use BBPSTART but to either implement the business package or create IAC/transaction iView pointing to the EBP services and include them into the portal navigation structure. At my current project we did a mixture of both.

Regards,

Christoph.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

We wanted a link to the full Enterprise Buyer application from the portal (opening in a new browser window) which is why we went down this route. This is the first time we've had problems - I seen it work in a number of portals - DEV, QA and production systems, both EP5 and EP6. I was wondering why in this case it doesn't work?

How do you set EBP to single host logon tickets? What does this mean?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jane

you said you don't see the

~mysapcomdelsso2cookie=1

but what about ~mysapcomsetsso2cookie and ~mysapcomusesso2cookie?

Are those set?

In your setup I would expect those settings:

~mysapcomsetsso2cookie=0

~mysapcomusesso2cookie=1

best regards

Gerd

( PS.: You might want to consider opening an OSS message for this - if you have not done so already.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was resolved in the end - the parameter ~mysapcomgetsso2cookie=1 was set. On removing this parameter, EBP stopped deleting the cookie.

However, we now have the same problem with an integrated ITS. We have tried setting the same parameters on the BBPSTART service but it hasn't made any difference. Any ideas how to stop integrated ITS deleting the cookie??

Many thanks,

Jane

rainer_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

we have the same problem you described with an integrated its.

Have you a solution how we can use the bbpstart service in a new browser window started from SAP EP without deleting the cookie when stopping the EBP session?

Best regards,

Rainer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi. We had this exact issue. It has been solved though. On the EBP/SRM system, set this profile parameter:

login/ticket_only_to_host = 1

Once this is set on the EBP system, it keeps the ticket issues by the integrated ITS on SRM unique from the portal logon MYSAPSSO2 ticket.

So, when you exit the SRM BBPSTART service, it no longer destroys the EP ticket.

Even better yet, to boot. The parameter is dynamic. So, you can set this on the EBP system via transaction RZ11, and you don't have to restart the system.

Steve Ledwith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

I have implemented the SAP SRM 4.0 (Enterprise Buyer 5.0)with EP 6 sp 9.I am able to view some of the iviews ofthe business package but I am not able to see some of them.

I am getting an error"http://hostname:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/bbpsc05/!" was not called due an error.

I have publish all the services using SE 38.When I am goiing SICF then I am able to see all the services activated.

Can you tell do I have to do anything else to activate the some of the services that are giving error?

Need your guidence.

Thanks

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jane

that sounds like you are using service BBPSTART within an EP environment?

That would mean that you are using the Portal Session Management and the EBP session management at the same time.

This is not recommended at it could lead to situations just like the one you are describing.

I believe the correct way to is to include every EBP service directly into EP.

(check out note http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=595519)

regards,

Gerd