cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetTimeZoneString: QWCRTVTZ failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an ABAP+Java 6.40 system that is experiencing problems. This system has been running for approximately 2 years on the same LPAR as two other SAP systems. They all started successfully as recently as Sunday, 8/5/07. We were experiencing some issues, tried to change the gw/max_conn parameter, and restarted. That is when we started experiencing the issues. We have since reverted back to the original value of this parameter, and still cannot start the system.

When we try to start the systems, we receive the error "GetTimeZoneString: QWCRTVTZ failed" in the job log for the SAPSTART Job on both instances. This results in a situation in which our java system will not start and the ABAP system creates many dumps stating "ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF". We have run across many notes and posts related to the "ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF" error, but none seem to apply. Specifically SAP Notes 960259 and 697353 refer to a patch level that we are already at. We are at SAP_BASIS 640 patch level 18. Also the QPTERM and QSH date test described in note 960259 passes.

We do have an SAP Message open as well, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Christopher Clemenson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When you logon with <SID>OFR then run "date" from "QSH" and "call Qp2term", do you get same results? You have mentioned it as "YES"...If that is not the cause, likely there is issue with environment variable PASE_TZ or system value QTIMZON. Check these as well....

Try checking this..

Do a WRKENVVAR for <SID>OFR and see if the PASE_TZ corresponds to the correct time zone setting....

like for example..for the EST time...it should be set to ....'EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0' (I do not know where u are.you will have to add your value...)

If its not there..you can also add it...

Hope that helps..

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

I appreciate your quick response, however, we have found SAP notes (which I do not have access to at this point) that tell us to remove those environment variables when we are at the patch level that we are at. We are running 3 different SAP systems on this iSeries and over 20 on another iSeries without this environment variable.

The QSH and call QP2TERM tests do show the same time for us.

Any other thoughts would again be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I can only please ask you to check the shortdump how many seconds delta it shows ...

Then i would really try to set the variable as a test ...

Perhaps you are running a "crazy timezone" with colons or whatever where SAP is not used to, but with EST... this should work.

In what Zone are you working ?

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can still add the environment variable and test to start the SAP system.

See by adding, if the system starts...Its not going to harm your system anyway...

Either way..your system is not starting...

I have it on a lot of systems and they run 7.0 as well and runs perfectly allright...

Try doing that..

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

We were able to get by this problem. It actually ended up pointing at some major profile problems that we had caused. We believe that it was more another symptom than the cause. We had made a profile change and restarted. When the Java system wouldn't start and we started receiving the errors as described above, we reverted back to the old parameter setting and restarted. The Java system still wouldn't start. After going down many bad paths, we found that the active instance profile had all of the java parameters missing. We reverted back to the .bak copy of the profile and everything seems to be fine now.

Thank you very much for your help. I'm sorry we were taking you down the wrong path.

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.