SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replenishment with allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client want to replenish the articles in the store based on allocation stradegy defined on the basis of the sales in the 12 stores.Is there a current process which will enable me to do the same.

Thank you all in advance

kaush

4 REPLIES 4

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

Allocation used for Push method in IS Retail. Therefore, we can't use replenishment.

If you want replenish based on sales at Store level, then you can use Replenishment type RP for your requirement planning.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

My scenario is this. My client wants to first use allocation initially to push the articles tot he store.The replenishment is basically a Re-order point planning.The replenishment qty is allocated to the stores from the dc based on sales.Can you relate this process to the SAP process flow and how you will do it in SAP.

Thanks

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

System will support to use Re-order point planning.

Allocation is used in Push scenario as communicated earlier. Therefore, you can't run RP based on Allocation. Howsoever, if you run RP; System will consider all these pending orders and purchase requisitions.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

I am not sure about your requirement, but the this might help if I have a look at your first posting..

Allocation based on sales history could be done in the SAP allocation functionality by reading the sales history from BW. BW will than distribute a total quantity among several stores based on this historical data.

regards,

Michael