cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration DB using SAPInst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our SAP Development (4.7) are working over SUN server with Solaris 9 as O.S. and Oracle 9.2.0.6 DB Server,

we are testing to migrate it to IBM server with AIX 5.3 as O.S. and Oracle 9.2.0.7 DB server. My question about

it is the next: Is possible to use the SAPInst with the "Export SAP System Server Database" option to have the export

of the DB and then use the SAPInst to make the import in the IBM side with the "System Copy/Migration" option?

Thanks in Advance

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - that is not only supported but the only correct way of doing it.

However, to get future support for such a migration, you MUST have a certified migration consultant on-site, otherwise you will loose support @ SAP for the target system.

check http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

Thanks for your answer. I'm afraid that i have to use the SAPInst for SUN in the export side and use the SAPInst for AIX in the import side, that is right ? In this moment i have the complete installation of R3 in the AIX side with the default option of DB, i need to delete it and install again with the option of migration ?

In fact we are only testing but in the real we have the support of certified migration consultant.

Regards

Reynaldo Rebollledo.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No - you don´t need to reinstall anything.

Use sapinst on both systems, each for the respective platform.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

Thanks again.

Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Answers (0)