cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same logiical system for 2 Business Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can two business services use the same Logical system name.

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, they cant.

There are work arounds though - but you should try to use a one-to-one BS to Logical system.

sincerely,

--NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we do without creating a Logical System?

XIer

Message was edited by:

XIer

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on for what you are using the Business Service. To post Idoc's etc you need to ensure that the Logical System Name is associated with the Business Service at the Adapter Specific Identifiers.

But, if you are dealing with Business Services and dealing with Files, then this is not mandatory.

By the ways what exactly is the requirement here?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we want to send files and also another scenario where we have to send a file. For the IDoc scenario, I am aware that Logical system is mandatory, but how can we do without Logical system in File case?

XIer

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>We have a scenario where we want to send files and also another scenario where we have to send a file.</i>

Not sure I got the point here

Logical System Names make sense only when dealing with SAP systems when trying to post an Idoc. For File System's they have no use at all.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need only LS only when communicating with SAP and you dont need to worry about LS in File system.

Regards,

---Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible. Every Business System / Service should have a unique Logical System Name.

Alternately you can consider using Header Mapping in the receiver Agreement for this.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I will have to create a logical system for one of them. How do Make that and what all details are req for the same. I know we have to assign the logical sys in Business Service 'Adapter Specific Parametrs'. Is that right?

Pls advice

Xier