cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I have Multiple recever R/3 systems of same idoc structure receiver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have 3 receiver R/3 systems of same recever IDOC structre...can I import only one idoc or can I import 3 idocs from 3 R/3 systems? If I import only one idoc ..then is control record differ for other R/3 systems,.,,? Plz clarify my doubt...thanq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can import one structure from the same R/3 systems so far as:

- no modifications/extensions to the IDOC

- you dont plan on mapping the header data in your interface mapping.

- IDOC release is the same and as such no subtle differences in the back end systems you are working with

Procedure

- Import the idoc from system - also load meta data in ABAP side

- perform all your mappings

***- if mappings are the same and only difference is the control record, use same mapping and disable the control record in mapping

***- if above (mapping same), use the same receiver determination and differentiate destination by receiver agreement/channel

- if mappings are different use seperate interface determinations.

sincerely,

--NM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you disabling the EDIDC40 field, or are you populating that by hand?

If you let XI do the populating for you, you will be able to use the same IDoc and message mapping over for all your scenarios, If you are populating it by hand, you can use the same IDoc but will have to have different message mappings. The best way to do it is to let XI populate these fields if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to import idoc strcuture from all 3 R/3 systems. Since it is just structure and would be same in all 3 r/3 systems.

As mentioned above you need to create 3 different Receiver determination where you have to specify different idoc adapter which will take care of your receiver systems details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You maintain the same parameters of control record in all the three systems. Then you import one idoc and map it. Only thing you have to make sure is to have 3 recievers in your receiver determination. You will have three interface determinations and three receiver communication channel and three reciever agreements.

Regards,

---Satish