cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP Gurus,

I am new to SAP .....and i have some basic doubts...

1. What is Back to Back scenario?

2. what is price list and where i can find it?

3. what is period updating of item Master?

4. what is Reason code in Sales order?

5. what is PO Log of Information?

6. What are the setting required in Material Master and in MM when we want to do STO?

7. In what scenario we use STPO?

8. how to create PO with respect to SO?(without PR creation)

Thanks in advance....... awaiting for your reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for reply....i am sorry for the mistake made in subject line.....i assure will be consider in future post....

Mr.Kishore / Prashsnt .....

i am satisfied with most of the ur answers......

But

1. the Back to Back scenario is not a Asap methodology...it is something like 3 company code doing sale and purchase and production processes....one company code(A) is taking customer order and pass it to another company code (B) and that company code will pass it to another company code(C) to perform the manufacturing then this company code (C) pass the goods to Company code(A). and company code A deliver to customer. it looks like a Third party scenario but they said it is Bck to back scenario...I would like to know more on this....

2. For Q.6... To do STO between 2 company codes in Material Master under MRP ther is a field called Special procurment....do we need to do anything with this???

3. for Q7.. Can you give some more clarity on STPO....i think its stock tranport Purchase order....

thanks to all again awaiting for your reply

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

2. For Q.6... To do STO between 2 company codes in Material Master under MRP ther is a field called Special procurment....do we need to do anything with this???

you are right

I think 1st procurement type has to be checked , if it X-Both Procurement type , then no need of special procurement type.

but if it is E-in house production, then for STO or STPO to work special procurement type 40 -Stock Transfer from Other plant can be used.

Special procurement type

You use special procurement when you want to be able to override the procurement type in the material master or define the procurement type more precisely.

Example

If you produce the material in-house, it may be appropriate to choose Production in other plant.

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. What is Back to Back scenario?

may be you are referring to an SAP end to end implementation. This involves the 5 phases of ASAP ie proj preparation, blue print, realization, final preparation and Go live and support.

2. what is price list and where i can find it?

List price is nothing but the price at which you are going to sell the product. PR00 is a list price condition. you maintain it in VK11 t.code.

3. what is period updating of item Master?

when you try to post stock or if there is any materail movment the corresponding GL accounts need to be updated with respect quantity and value updations for which the posting periods need to be open. This is updated on a regular basis.

4. what is Reason code in Sales order?

is nothing but the reaons for which a particular sales order is being created. Say if it a returns order, then the order reason would be like expired, damaged etc.

5. what is PO Log of Information?

PO as i understand in SD is Purchase order number given in the sales order which refers to the order placed by the customer. And such log is perhaps the information you are referring to.

6. What are the setting required in Material Master and in MM when we want to do STO?

No settings are required in the material master to do STO. Its only the movment types that play a role.

7. In what scenario we use STPO?

it is Stock transport orders when you shift the same material between say two plants or one storage location to another etc.

hope the answers help you. Going by Bill, please do not use subject as Urgent, very imp etc. mention the query basic idea so that people can at one look understnad the problem and may be help you. Otherwise we have go into the thread and see.. may be people dont have that much time. Also its a smooth way to go in the forums.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read the Rules Of engagement and do not use Urgent as a subject line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 <b>price list</b>

Tcode <b>OVSI</b>

You can define price list types according to your own needs of organization price lists can be grouped according to

kind of price list wholesale or retail

currency in which the price appears

In the CMD enter the price list type u defined and during sales order processing the system automatically proposes the value.

4) I think it should be order reason in sales order u can define u r own order reasons goto

MG --> SD --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Header --> Define order reason ( for order reason ) and

IMG --> SD --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Item --> Define reasons for rejection

as per your requirement u can maintain the reasons

but for a credit and debit memo the order reason is must.

chek in the sales order