cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP license key error: no valid license found: cannot log into SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted temp license from slicense on SM box, since I had already installed new digital license from SAP. Well, later I tried to log in again and was locked out. After some research, I found "sap license check failed" in the log files, java will not come up, and the hardware key has changed on me, so the valid license that was active before is not showing up now.

I applied for a new license with new hardware key and attempted to install from cmd prompt, using saplicense -install ifile=c:license.txt, but it gets an error. I put a trace on it and appears it cannot read license file key. I also tried to install another temp license, but that failed since no other previous valid license was found. At this point, I'm thinking I need to manually insert the license key into the database, but not sure what table or exactly how. SAP has not provided a solution yet.

I believe the hardware key changed due to renaming the server (we took out a hyphen in name) and had also reinstalled afterwards.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I wish it were that simple, but I cannot even bring up the logon screen. SAP GUI returns a message, resource temporarily unavailable. I looked in SAP MMC syslog and found several entries, "SAP-Basis System: No license found for hardware ID DLIC_HWIDKE"

I tried to install temp license from cmd prompt, but it says refuses and says no old or expired license found. I also tried to install the new license I applied for from SAP with new hardware key using saplicense -install ifile=license.txt and that failed as well.

For NW2004s, is it even possible to install a digital license using cmd prompt?

Ben

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

If you stop and start the system you should get a 30 min window to install the license at least that work for the Java engine.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bejamin,

You should be able to logon as SAP* in cleint 000 and install the licence via transaction SLICENSE -> you need to upload the license under "new licenses"

Regards

Juan