cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue with extraction of data from Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our DP implementation we have a planning area which is having the lowest level of data storage in the weekly buckets. We are wanted to extract the data in the monthly buckets, but when we are creating the extraction data source it is not giving an option for just extracting the data at the aggregated monthly level. Is there a way that we can modify the data source to just extract the aggregated data at the monthly bucket level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Are you already dropping the records which have key figure quantities as zero? Ofcourse, this may not be feasible in every situation.

2) Does your infocube have both 0CALWEEK and 0CALMONTH? Have you tried including 0CALMONTH only in your cube?

thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have already tried both the options and the cube only has the 0CALMONTH. Are there any other ideas that u might have

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option which I have seen in the past is ( which may be frowned upon sometimes but it works) to create a planning area which has storage buckets only in months and use it for high level reporting.

We could potentially use an extra PA if we get the requirement early on in the project that there would be lot of reporting at different levels and it would involve large data volumes.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO APO,

Varun makes a valid point. You can do a background copy job that will copy the monthly data to another planning area that has months as the lowest level in your storage bucket profile.

Why are you attempting to do this instead of rolling up to the monthly level after your extraction. How big is your data set you are trying to extract? How long is it taking?

I work in the loading and extracting from APO space, so I may be able to help if you give me some more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO,

You cannot load data only in month buckets because your periodicity for planning area uses both, so information in livecache is stored at the lowest level, this level is week.

If you want to read info in months, you need to have this information in a planning area that uses a periodicity in months only.

You can check the periodicity profiles in Tcode /SAPAPO/TR32.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (0)