cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor is not recognised as Bidder in Bid Invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all,

following problem seems to be little unclear.

I have replicated a Vendor from ERP to SRM. BP has been created correctly. But the Vendor(Bidder) cannot be found in the Bid Invitation --> Header Data --> Bidder/Bids --> Find Bidder.

I have then observed that the BP is NOT assigned with Role BBP001 Bidder. Now when i try to convert Vendor to Bidder in BBPMAININT i get the following error "The Business Partner is already a Bidder". If i check correctly the indicator "Bidder" has been also set default in the "Company Data" of the Vendor.

The question now is why Vendor cannot be recognised as a Bidder. Currently this problem stops my complete Bidding process as i cannot send the Bid Invitaiton to anyone. Any Ideas?

Thanks & Regards

PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

you should be able to see all vendor. Please check the following:

go to find bidders - select "all bidders incl. contact persons" - put a "*" into

field "GP Organisation". Please confirm - this does not work?

All replicated vendors automatically are flagged as bidders.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

i have assumed the same --> All replicated vendors automatically are flagged as bidders.

But the question here is --> will the BP assigned with Role:BBP001 in default. If it is YES, then the same is NOT happening in my case.

<u>following are my answeres to your questions:</u>

you should be able to see all vendor. --> YES, i could see all vendors

go to find bidders - select "all bidders incl. contact persons" - put a "*" into

field "GP Organisation". --> NO, it doesnt work. The Result is: No Bidder found.

Thanks & Regards

PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

seems there is something wrong with business partner assignment. It is standard,

that vendors are automatically bidders. Which SRM Version are you using?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

currently i am configuring SRM5.0 as an add-on to ERP2005. Vendors have been created via Masterdata Synchronisation.

Thanks & Regards,

PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

there is the issue: SRM Add On does not cover the process you are looking for.

The Add On feature is for procurement only. There are several functions disabled

(for licencing etc. )mainly all sourcing related processes.

Have a look for more details at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/index_srmaddon.htm

If you need these processes a new installation is the

solution, which you have to do anyhow, when you want to

enhance the process landscape later as well.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

any update on this?

Please do not forget to reward points to helpful answers.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating in BBPMAININT an "Employee for Business Partner" assign a user and add to the bid invitation.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

José Luis D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi José Luis D,

thanks for your response.

I have already tried it. Employee for Business Partner has been successfully created. But still Vendor cannot be recognised as Bidder.

I have even tried assigning the Role:BBP001 Bidder to the Vendor manually in Transaction BP. I could not also help.

Thanks & Regards

PM