cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning strategy, strategy group in R/3 and proposed strategy in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

1) APO product master gets the “proposed strategy” field as “20: planning with final assembly” based on the material master setting of “strategy <b>group</b> 40” on the material master.

2) 20 has the following setting in APO a) assignment mode as "assign customer requirements to planning with assembly" and b) PIR segment as "net segment"

3) The strategy group 40 in R/3 has only one planning strategy under it(again 40) which has similar settings in which sales orders consume forecast/PIR.

Question is If I create a new planning strategy Z1 in R/3 where the sales orders do not consume forecast and assign it as the "main planning strategy" to the strategy group 40, and now CIF the material would the settings of 20 be over written? would 20 result in still sales orders consuming forecast in APO or would it work like in R/3? Or would 20 behave differently.

Basically what I am trying to do is I am trying to send the partially consumed forecast( by sales) in APO to R/3 and do not want the PIRs to be again consumed by sales orders.

Any inputs would help a lot!

thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont think you can make PIRs be consumed twice by the same sales order if thats what you are trying to ask. In my knowledge, the PIRs always "remember" the sales orders consumed unless you run MD74 to delete the conumption. the planning strategy will be the main strategy CIFed from R/3

Answers (0)