cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Demand Planning Technical Periods - SCM5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SCM 5.0, with storage bucket profiles of Weeks and Months, how do I find what the technical period is? Is it defaulting to the End of the Week, Start of the Week or a specific "day of the week"? If it is a "specific day of the week" what determines the day?

I have a macro that applies attributies for cases where HorizonVariable = TODAY + Stock Transfer Horizon. If HorizonVariable < October 5th 2007 (which is a Friday date) the value is being ignored. This is leading me to think that the technical period is either defaulting to the end of the week or on a specific day Friday, Saturday or Sunday (Monday is configured to be our start of week).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE NOT USING ANY TIMESTREAM the technical periods will come into play when there is a split in the periods. For eg a week in a month is split between two months. For eg, in your case if I refer to October 2007 it will be split into five periods as follows :

1). Oct 1- Oct 7 :7 Days

1). Oct 8- Oct 14 :7 Days

1). Oct 15- Oct 21 :7 Days

1). Oct 22- Oct 28 :7 Days

1). Oct 29- Oct 31 :3 Days

(Again this is assuming no timestream has been defined and in effect there is no linkage to a factory calendar) In case we enter data on a monthly level it will be disaggregated accordingly between the technical periods followed by appropriate rounding.

Hope I answered your query.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The periods default to beginning of week/month/year

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Please take a look at Note 737230 and also <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=4390051&messageID=3582345">this thread</a>. The technical period concept comes when there is a split week i.e. a week going across two months. In that case the week is spilt into two technical periods the first one upto end date of first month and the second one starting from first date of the second month ending with the last date of the week.

You may also like to look at <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=4390122&messageID=3562587">this other thread</a> for an exmaple.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

The technical periods should default to where Monday is the start of your period. But, if it is a split week and lands in 2 months then the technical periods will be split b/w those two months. For example, at the end of July, the last week will be stored in 2 technical periods. The first technical period will be only two days, July 30th and 31st. The 2nd technical period will be the first 5 days in August, ending on Sunday.

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to add that you can define your own technical periods by defining a fiscal year variant and then checking "Post Period" in your storage bucket profile. There are many posts in the past about this, try searching "Fiscal Year Variant" or "Post Period".