cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Receiver Adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a synchronous web service on the receiver side but my inbound interface is asynchronous and hence I am not using the response message of the Web Service.

While calling the Web Service from XI, I am getting the following error

2007-08-07 05:30:57 Error SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault

2007-08-07 05:30:57 Success SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

2007-08-07 05:30:57 Success SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

2007-08-07 05:30:57 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault

2007-08-07 05:30:57 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault.

Is it due to the fact that the Web Service that I used as an external definition is not finding a response message?

Regards,

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are not using the response from the webservice , you should define both as asyncronous interfaces. Just ignore the response from the webservice. The response comes to XI and and the process is terminated there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> Since you are not using the response from the

> webservice , you should define both as asyncronous

> interfaces. Just ignore the response from the

> webservice. The response comes to XI and and the

> process is terminated there.

Both my interfaces are asynchronous...just wanted to make sure whether the "Response Application Error" that I mentioned in my first post is due to the fact that the interface is asynchronous and Web service is synchronous?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

Look at the SOAP Adapter FAQ note on service market place - note number 856597. When you call a webservice asynchronously from XI, the Receiver SOAP adapter expects a HTTP 200 Response from the webservice with mpty SOAP Envelope.

Is your webservice doing this?

<i>

What should my web service return to the adapter for asynchronous calls?

A: Currently, the receiver adapter expects an HTTP 200 with a SOAP envelope with an empty content for successful delivery. Any other response will result in a XI system error and triggers retries of the message. When you want to check duplicates, you should configure your receiver channel to pass the XI message header information to the server.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I checked in the Web Service Navigator and it shows the following message

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

So I made my interfaces synchronous in an attempt to cathc the response message...so now i have 2 message mappings and an interface mapping with request/response messages.

Still i got the same error as previously mentioned....what to do?

Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you defined both outbound and inbound interfaces as asynchronous?

Regards,

Jakub