cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to create a Web Dynpro form. In this form, I have to use table UI element. I have to provide search facility for one field "Emp Name" of the table. I have to create search push button for all rows of "Emp No". Now I am not sure how to go about it. Web Dynpro is not allowing me to create push button inside a table UI element. Can you please help me out.

Regards,

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rightclick on table-->

Insert column>Insert table celll editor>Select button.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Thanks. It is working fine. Another question, using the concept I have created the button. Now, I am facing another difficulty. I can place the button either in the begining or in end of table. I have to place the button in the right hand side of "Emp Name". However Web Dynpro is not allowing me to place the button in the right hand side of "Emp Name". In fact we can not put the buttons between any of the field of table.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you can place the column with the button at any position. In the "Outline" view, right-click the table column and press "Move Up"/"Move Down" until the column is at the position you want.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Move up / Move Down button is not working. I have used Move up / Move Down button extensively in my project. I am able to Move up / Move Down the table fields. However I can not move the push button created using following concept:

Rightclick on table-->

Can you please help.

Regards,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand. You have added a table column with a button as cell editor. Now, you cannot move the table column using move-up/-down?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. Isssue resolved.

Incorrect Method (It will not allow you to use Move Up / Move Down button)

Rightclick on table-->

Correct Method (It will allow you to use Move Up / Move Down button)

Rightclick on table-->

Insert GroupedColumn>Insert table celll editor>Select button.

Regards,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder why the deprecated "Insert Column" appears at all in your IDE. Are you using an old NW04 project inside a NW04s IDE?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I am using NWDS 7.0.06. I am NOT using any old project. I have created project in this NWDS only.

Regards,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you should open an OSS message on component BC-DWB-WD-JAV. I think this is a bug in your IDE.

Deprecated aggregations like "Columns: Table -> TableColumn" should only appear when editing an old project that possibly still contains instances of deprecated elements.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know how to open an OSS message on component BC-WDB-WD-JAV. Can you please help me?

Regards,

S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I'm not sure that I know what you mean, but it is possible to put buttons into table cells...

use a table, choose insert Column, on the Column choose insert TableCellEditor of Type Button.

the rest is custom development....

Stefan