Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO & BW Keyfigure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I m having one basic Que.

Wat is difference between APO KF & BW KF and APO Characteristics & BW Characteristics?

How can I come to know whether the KF / Characteristic is APO or BW?

What is its effect on configuration or in planning ?

Actually I confg all KF & Chars as BW. but I didnt find any effect of it in working.

Thanx n rgds,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal -

Wat is difference between APO KF & BW KF and APO Characteristics & BW Characteristics?

- If the system asks you to choose between an APO key figure and a BW key figure, choose APO key figure. This allows you to use the APO functions for key figures such as fixing.

Also Compared to BW characteristics there are the following restrictions for the use of characteristics in Demand Planning.

Data types DATS – Date and TIMS – Time are not permissible.

Similarly lowercase characteristic names are not permissible. (You can of course use lowercase in the description fields.

- SAP delivers several characteristics for use in SAP APO as Business Content. These characteristics have the prefix 9A as opposed to 0 for other BW characteristics.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suresh Garg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

That's a real good question. You can only distinguish them at the time of creation. The other way of identifying is that if there is a fixing key figure defined for that key figure. But for characteristics, there is no way, at least I couldn't find any way of distinguishing.

What is its effect on configuration or in planning ?

You can only use BW KFs for storing the history and APO-BW KFs for fixing. If you want to fix a particular key figure, you cannot use a BW key figure for that. The fixing key figure I was talking about, in the first answer, is the key figure that stores this fixing information.

I am not sure, I have to check about suresh's statement that DATS and TIMs are not available for APO-BW chars and KFs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Check out the below post.

Regards,

Siva.