cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send mail to multiple domains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wish to know how to be able to send e-mails to any internet domain. Currently I am able to send e-mails to just one domain (configured in transaction SWU3, default domain), but want to send mails to any domain(gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fermin,

In the address area of the SMTP node, I placed an " * ". I am able to send e-mails to my company's domain. For example, when I send a mail to example@mycompany.com, it is successfully sent, but when I try to send the same mail to example@other.com, tha mail is not sent and I recieve the following notification in my inbox (although the address exists):

The following status was received for the document <asdfasdfasf> sent by you to the recipient <example@other.com>:

<No delivery to example@other.com, as recipient unknown>.

Is this an indicative that the problem is in the external mail server?

Thanks,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

You can send mails to any internet domain as long as you include these domains in address area of the SMTP node in SCOT transaction.

But you have to keep in mind it is not SAP that send the mail to that address but the mail server defined in the SMTP node of SCOT; so you have to be sure this mail server allows the forwarding of the mails (most of server are configured to avoid this situation, due to SPAM risks).

Regards,

Fermí