cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update mode R is not supported by the extraction API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts,

Now I'm met a problem on 0material master data uploading. it's delta update, I can initial loading successfully, and when I try to run delta uploading. the error message said "Update mode is not supported by the extraction API"

Diagnosis is "the application program for extraction of the data was called using update mode R, however, this is not supported by the infosource"

how to figure out this errer? pls advice

thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: jie miao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi

update mode "R" failure will come the Source System doesn't allow th repeat of last delta.

For this the solution will be to delete the current inti and run a new one.

if there is any failed delta and if the extarction is completed then we make the QM status to red so as to reset the delta mechanism.

if the source system doesn't allow this featrue we encounter this error.

former_member188975
Active Contributor

Hi Jie,

The best way out in the situation would be to do a re-init. We have come across this problem earlier (you can find a couple of posts in the forums on this too). Trying to somehow repair the situation yielded nothing. Since it is master data, doing a reinit is not a big problem either.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu gupta,

What is the process to follow the reinit.

Can u please explain? i am also facing the same problem. It's abit urgent.

environment is BI 7.0 and source system is R/3 4.7EE.

If you have any document related to this please send me at chaitanya.nagalla@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Chaitanya.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is really no document. You need to open up the Init InfoPackage and delete the previous init request (menu Scheduler > Init options for source system) and then execute the init (this is the re-init). After this is done, the delts will start working again.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Truly aggree with you!

i also face the same issue too,

then i use the same way you posted, it really works

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the datasource and the source system?

Sometimes if change documents are not turned on in the source system, delta uploads for master data cannot be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gupta,

Data source is R/3

How to checking whether changed documents are not truned on in the R/3 ?