Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-Type "SYNCH"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I´m wondering what the IDOC-Type "SYNCH" is for and what information is transported by them.

Thx!

Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message type SYNCH is for synchronous communications between the two R/3 systems and is used for validation of ALE functions.

refer

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/applications/feature/archive/kasturi2.jhtml;jsessionid...

regards,

srinivas

<b>*reward for useful answers*</b>

18 REPLIES 18

varma_narayana
Active Contributor

Hi Oliver..

The Message Type SYNCH has to be added to the model view BD64, and we have to Create an entry with this message type in Partner profiles WE20.

Basically this Message Type SYNCH is used to Distribute Model views (in BD64).

We cannot Distribute the model view without adding this message type / Idoc type.

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message type SYNCH is for synchronous communications between the two R/3 systems and is used for validation of ALE functions.

refer

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/applications/feature/archive/kasturi2.jhtml;jsessionid...

regards,

srinivas

<b>*reward for useful answers*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

well, I´m still wondering if its only used for establishing and controlling an SRFC connection ?

If so, what authorization must be given to the user sending this type of IDOC?

Thx! :=)

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is used for confirmation message, whether the IDOC has been posted successfully in the receiver system

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Hey Arun,

so it´s not used to distribute the distribution model?

And do you know where I can see wheater a SNYCH-IDoc was sent or not?

(Its not listed in BD87 or WE05)

Thx

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating distribution model when we distribute it, the message type SYNC

determine the correct RFC destination, ie it is use for communication validation with the target system.

Rewards points if useful

rgrds

shazia

0 Kudos

Hey Shazia,

okay well... and how do I determine which authorizations the RFC-User in the target-system needs?

Thx

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

You need to set authorization while creating RFC in <b>logon &security</b> . A check is made at runtime on the client side to see whether the calling user has the correct authorization to call this destination.

<b>Rewards Points if needful.</b>

regrads

shazia

0 Kudos

Hey Shazia,

that´s not what I meant.

Usually, when I want to send an IDOC to another SAP-System, I need an system-user in the target system, having the rights to deliver and execute the IDOC there. This system-user is stored at the destination.

My question is, what rights does this system-user need?

Hope you get me!

regards.

Oliver

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

u need to give the user id in the RFC destination who is going to care of the idoc.In SM59 logon &security u need to specify the userid and pwd..Now when ur idoc will go into error it will be notified to that particular userid.

Regards,

nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hey,

okay, but that wasn´t my question aswell...

The user which I deposite at the destionation must have spesific rights to perform the IDOC... but what are those rights?! What transaktions have to be performed to prozess the IDOC "SYNCH"?

Thx... I know... horrible question

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u r sending the idoc that is outbound for the other system it will be inbound..

It should be updated automatically to other system.I don't think it should be processed in the reciver side.Once u create ur model view and distribute it should do it automatically..

In case of errors ,it will go specific userid which was given in RFC...Once u send ur idoc it should be over...

When we receive the idoc as inbound,we generally go through the below transactions.

1>WE81

2>WE31

3>WE30

4>BD51

5>WE57

6>WE42

7>WE20

have a look at the below link..

http://www.beinsoft.com/articles/sap-tutorial-ale-distribution-model.php

Regards,

nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such specific authorization required for processing Inbound IDOC, while creating RFC the user which u mention in logon & security, must be able to run transaction (of any module) or as a developer.

Hope ur doubts are clear

Regards

Shazia

0 Kudos

Hey Shazia,

it´s gettin closer to my problem.

As far as I know, the user in the destination needs the authorization for "Aut.-Objects" like S_RFC and B_ALE_RECV and usually some more... for processing IDOCS.

But what exactly are they in the case of SYNCH. We have them defined at the WE20 under "outbound". They are never defined "inbound" at any system.

Thx!

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

You are right SYNC is define in case of outbound parameters bcoz its required the authorisation for RFC destination. Once it is set in outbound parameter its not needed to be there in Inbound parameter as in inbound case only tha IDOC need to be transfer to the application data.

Hope ur dbts r clear

rgrds

shazia

0 Kudos

Hey there,

thx... but I still down´t know I need this Idoc-Typ for!

Can anyone tell me?

Thx

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hey Oliver,

Ys u need this IDOC type, jst recall the t-code bd64 in tht u mention sender, reciver and message type, then u generate partner profile, while generating partner profile there are two message type in outbound parameters(the one u mention in distb model and other is SYNC), SNYC is for authorization check for RFC, as we are establishing ALE connection in this very step.

rgrds

shazia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx to all of you!

I´ll end this now! ...

What I still don´t know is, what auth.-objects are needed for the system-user stored at the destination..

But I´ll work this out by trail and error

Oliver

Update: Here are the Auth-Objects which are needed for distributing the ALE-Model and Tracing IDocs (thats what the Idoc-Typ "SYNCH" is needed for):

B_ALE_MODL: ACTVT = 01,02,03,59 ; CUSTMODEL = *

S_RFC: ACTVT = 16 ; RFC_NAME = BD22,BDMT,SYST ; RFC_TYPE = FUGR

Message was edited by:

Oliver Schropp

Message was edited by:

Oliver Schropp