cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to FIle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm a learner of XI. I know how the File to IDOC scenario works. And in the case of IDOC to File scenariio, I have the following doubts. Plz clarify me.

a) As IDOC sender adapter is not available, how the IDOC will be sent to XI

b) In case we use ALE for sending IDOC to XI, how that IDOC will be converted to XML format.

c) For what reason IDOC sender adapter is disabled.

Please give me ur suggestions. Thank you.

Prabhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> a) As IDOC sender adapter is not available, how the

> IDOC will be sent to XI

it uses partner profile we20 and RFC destination pointing to the XI system sm59

> b) In case we use ALE for sending IDOC to XI, how

> that IDOC will be converted to XML format.

Idoc adapter takes care about that

> c) For what reason IDOC sender adapter is disabled.

It is not required since it is SAP to SAP communication

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub,

>>Idoc adapter takes care about that

That means, we need to configure IDOC adapter in the scenario, just for the purpose of converting the IDOC (which comes at XI) to IDOC-XML format. Is that right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu

<i>

That means, we need to configure IDOC adapter in the scenario, just for the purpose of converting the IDOC (which comes at XI) to IDOC-XML format. Is that right?</i>

You are right! The file generated will be from inbound payload which will be in XML

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

do u mean to say that we need to configure the sender idoc adapter?

or u are talking about the receiver idoc adapter?

please confirm

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to configure the IDOC adapter at all. When the idoc comes to XI the idoc adapter will convert to XML and forward to the pipeline.

Neither sender communication channel is required nor sender agreement.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra

<i>do u mean to say that we need to configure the sender idoc adapter?</i>

No need to create Sender IDoc Adapter

<i>ou are talking about the receiver idoc adapter?</i>

Yes

In this scenario, the file generated will be in XML format. If you have to make any changes then apply Receiver File Content Conversion!

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ramesh..

anyway prabhu, let me put the summary for you

we need not configure a sender idoc adapter in the XI as the idoc adapter resides on the integration engine and the idoc can be sent with the help of the port, RFC destination and the partner profiles.

we would require a receiver idoc adapter if you are doing any scenario where u need to receive the idoc in order to convert the XML message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand is that in IDOC to File scenario,

we need to configure the settings at R/3 backend system and XI at sender side, and need to configure the File receiver adapter at receiver side.

No need to configure IDOC adapter.

The IDOC from sender R/3 system will be transmitted to XI and converted to XML automatically by IDOC adapter, then the XML file will be received by legacy system.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much.

Prabhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhu,

XI will take care of converting the xml file for the data received through IDoc Adapter.

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhu,

your understanding is more than enuff and right to complete your scenario now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot friends. You help me alot in understanding.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>As IDOC sender adapter is not available, how the IDOC will be sent to XI</i>

As replied by raghavendra , u have to use the transaction as per the type of idoc u r

sending...like matmas(BD10) cremas (BD14)

<i>In case we use ALE for sending IDOC to XI, how that IDOC will be converted to XML format</i>

As idoc adapter is already resides in integrtaion engine so we need not hav to configure that, thats y it is disabled also, and also thats y it doesnt need any sender agreement (agreement to communicate wth integration server ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>a) As IDOC sender adapter is not available, how the IDOC will be sent to XI</i>

u can send the idoc from the SAP system with the transactions like BD10 or any depending on the idoc u r using.. it would be sent to XI as u would have the port and the partner profiles maintained ..

c) For what reason IDOC sender adapter is disabled.

since the idoc adapter resides on the integration engine itself unlike the other adapter which reside on the adapter engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go thru this Blogs

ALE Configuration for Pushing IDOC's from SAP to XI by Swaroopa Vishwanath

Configuration Steps for Posting IDOC's by Ravikumar Allampalam.

IDOC - File scenario

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

configuring IDOCS

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

IDOC scenarios

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

Idoc related setting

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

vasanth