cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading URL Parameters in WDDOINIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to read parameters passed to me by SAP Portal in my WDDOINIT of component controller. but I do not know how to do it .I have done this kind of thing in BSP applications many times but not getting any help in ABAP Webdyn Pro.

any help is much appriciated.

Kind regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

In WD ABAP, we can define the paramters in the Webdynpro componetn by defining the importing parameters in the default interface view's inbound plug's method. If we define the importing parameters in the inbound plug (for example DEFAULT plug of the window) then they are visible in the parameters tab in the WD application.

In the window(which is associated to the application), create the navigation links to all the target views by creating the outbound plugs and assicting to the target views inbound plugs.

We can recieve the parameters in the inbound oplug method (HANDLE<plugname>) of the window (interface view assiciate in applicaiton). In this method write a logic which checks the value provided to the application (via URL) and based on this plug fire the appropriate plug which takes to the target view.

Best regards,

Suresh

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurev,

At WDDOINIT the parameters are not yet available. You can read then in the inboundplug of the window. Normally you would declare them as input parameters of the inbound plug. Then they are simply passed as parameters.

This method will be called <b>after</b> WDDOINIT of the component controller, the window and the first view is called.

Ciao, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Thanks for prompt reply.Yes I can see that its being passed in inboundplug of window, but idealy I would have required them in very first place (WDDOINIT) so that my application behave differently depanding on the value of these parameter. is there any way I can call them method of this inbound plug in my WDDOINIT ?

if not then what excatly is the order of call

WDDOINIT of compomnet copntroller -> window inbound plug -> First View ?

Am I missing some thing in between?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it will first run the wddoinits then the default inbound handler from the window

followed by the handler of the view, just put your dependant actions in the

inbound handler to make your application behave differently

grtz,

Koen

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

WDDOINIT of CompController will be called first then window handle plug, hence we cannot pass parameters to WDDOINIT(). But based on the parameters passesd in method handle<plugname>, we can navigate to the appropriate view by firing the plugs.

Best regards,

Suresh