cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while we creating interface maping we use message mapping .if message maping not required then we wont create interface maping.

but in my existing system i can c( xi 2.0) interface maping without message maping .and interface working fine from three years .could any one tell me in xi 2.0 can we create interface maping without message .

is interface maping mandatory in 2.0

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we can create Interface Mapping without Message Mapping. But inplace of Message Mapping program we need define additional program of JAVA which contains fields informations of Source and Target and there transformation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

buit that is also maping program right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell if the interface mapping used in config in the interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

yes interface maping used in interface determination..

Former Member
0 Kudos

and no mapping program in interface mappping is it??

does it at least show the message type involved

in this case could you check if the target message type is same as source since we don't ahve a mapping...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

yes source and target message are with same structure,but is it not mandatory thing that interface maping shouid have message maping..if we assign this to interface determination it would give some sort error i guess.

could you give me clarification on this matter ..

i assumed in XI2.0 it works like that( interface maping without message maping).

i need clarification regarding this matter.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The idea of message mapping is to produce the target message structure. Until message mapping occurs, there will be no target structure. But that doesn't mean no message mapping = no target structure. If you go through the trace of the steps that a message goes through in XI, you will see the steps are:

1. Inbound Message to Central

2. Receiver Identification

3. Interface Determination

4. Receiver Grouping

5. Message Branch According to Receiver List

6. Request Message Mapping

7. Technical Routing

8. Call Adapter

The Payload in each of these steps gives the message content. Only after 'Request Message Mapping' step, will the source message change into target message. But if no message mapping is present, XI will try to push the source message structure,unchanged,to the reciver. If the reciver Interface accepts it, the communication will run well and good. That's what is happening in your case.

Regards,

Amitabha