cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement in which I need to handle the following exception. The RFC access to the JCO communications user for model import has been deliberately revoked after successful model import.

Could anyone suggest how to handle in code for such unexpected exceptions to explain the user what the problem is?

Exception:

Caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:412)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:889)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3159)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Pool.initPool(JCO.java:4629)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:6010)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:5965)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.getClient(JCO.java:8246)

Thanks,

Anagha

Message was edited by:

Anagha Jawalekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is due to authorization failures during the logon phase usually caused by unknown username, wrong password, invalid certificates, etc.

Solution is to

Get the logon data from the JAVA application or JCo trace

for the error description visit,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

See these solved link if it applies for you also

1>

2>

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanwalpreet,

Thanks for responding. However, here I am aware that the problem is due to RFC logon. Infact I have simulated this condition so that I am able to make some changes in my code so that in case this problem comes later, it is automatically handled by the code instead of showing this exception chain to the end user of this application.

Is there a JCO API (Or any other approach you could suggest) that allows me to check if the connection to Backend system/RFC is proper (can be checked in an if clause) so that a suitable action (Model Execution or exception handling) is performed accordingly.

I hope the requirement is more clear now.

Thanks

Anagha