Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Business Partners with functions to iBase components

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created and assigned my component systems in Solution as iBase Components. I now want to assign the following functions as mentioned in IMG "Assign Business Partners to iBase Components":

• Administrator

• Key User

• Sold-to Party

My problem is in Partner Assignment the only function mentioned in IMG I have for iBase Components is "Sold-to Party" plus others but not "Administrator" or "Key User".

My question is, must I create the other functions and if I do, how ? If you can point me to documentation/examples I would be grateful.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

the missing functions may because of a not correct defined customizing in partner functions (may happen with an upgraded SolMan). Please check in transaction SPRO in the Implementation Guide

-> SAP Solution Manager

-> Configuration

-> Scenario-Specific Settings

-> Service Desk

-> Partner Determination Procedure

-> Define Partner Determination Procedure (IMG Activity CRMC_PARTNER_PDP)

For procedure 32 ("Installed Base/IBase") the column "Permitted Functions" should be set to "Standard". In my installation the value was at "Only functions assigned in procedure", allowing only very few partner roles in IB52.

Best regards, Alexander

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Alexander for your answer which helped me towards solving my problem.

I'm not sure though why SAP would have the IMG in basic settings that requires you to implement something first in scenario specific IMG to get necessary data so you can complete the basic settings IMG...

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

as I wrote above this problem happened to me at an original 3.1 sytem which was updated to 4.0. May be that in the BC-Sets this special configuration was not taken into account. Anyway, I am glad to hear that your problem was solved.

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander et al,

I installed it directly as SolMan 4.0 SR2 (which is SP9) and it still does not have the values "Administrator" or "Key User."

Now after your suggestion I see a whole lot of options. There still is no "Administrator" or "Key User" but these are close:

SLFN0001 System Administrator

SLFN0002 Reported by

Since I am pretty clueless about CRM/workflow/Partner determination I didn't put anything for these and just entered a "Sold-to Party" partner.

I have a feeling that these are purely informational anyway; why would I want to assign the "Reported by" if that get's determined at runtime as the person who entered the ticket.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is procedure 32? I do not find the place you mean.

Thanks

Antonello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Procedure 32 is just the ID of the partner determination procedure, in this case: "Installed Base/IBase".

Just follow the instructions in above message.

<i>(Please mark the question as answered and reward points if your question is solved).</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

T-code: IB52

Select ibase/component, in menu goto -> partner

Select partnerfunction and business partner.

Is this what you're looking for?

<i>Editted By Remco de Jong:

Try the above message from Alexander Maetz first, he has a good point.</i>