Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance - Graphical and Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one doubt here..

Graphical Mapping will shows the best performance if you compare with other Mappings. And even this behind runs Java only...

Then why not Java Mapping doesn't shows the best performance if you compare with message mapping.

Is it correct while message mapping is on Queue process. So that, the performance wise is best or else, could you pls give me some reasons behind this...

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Graphical Mapping will shows the best performance if you compare with other Mappings. And even this behind runs Java only...

Then why not Java Mapping doesn't shows the best performance if you compare with message mapping.</i>

>>>

Graphical mapping has java code beneath it but remember that it is a highly customized code, in terms of performance (after all its developed by SAP)

In case of Java mapping, if you can achieve the same level of performance by customizing your code, then i really dnt think there has to be a big difference in the performance b/w graphical and java mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Resource consumption for the mapping depends on the complexity of the mappings and the source document sizes.Java mappings use XI Mapping Toolkit.Graphical Mappings are much faster because the code beneath is highly efficient.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose you have two programs for the same solution ( Eg. Biggest of three numbers) ,one can solve the thing in two steps and one will take ten steps then the performance of the first one is obviously better because the program is optimized and taking the minimal resources and execution time.

Hi,

So, you mean to say ...it's depends on the Mapping which will have the size of code generated behind the screen.

Am i right ??

for eg., If i take the same example (biggest of 3 numbers) and i used above 2 mappings(Graphical and Java)...which will be shows best performance and why?

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry, still i didn't get the exact word for this...

If Graphical Mapping works behind java only, then why Java Mapping performance

doesn't equal with Graphical Mapping.

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Suppose you have two programs for the same solution ( Eg. Biggest of three numbers) ,one can solve the thing in two steps and one will take ten steps then the performance of the first one is obviously better because the program is optimized and taking the minimal resources and execution time.

Hope this helps you to understand.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Sorry i couldn't able to understand your last post.

Could you please explain it another way...if it's possible...

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be in the order of performance

1)Graphical

2)ABAP

3)JAVA

4)XSLT

she means,though you create a graphical mapping it creates JAVA code in the background but with better performance than usual JAVA code.