Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification to admin for event "user locked"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we manage an EP version 7.

When a user makes some mistake inserting his password after some errors the system lock that user.

I have two question:

- where I can set the number of mistake allowed?

- Is possible to configure a mail notification <u>to the userAdministrators</u> to inform them that a user was locked by the system??

Thank you in advance.

null

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set possible attempts using Profile Parameter (Transaction RZ10):

login/fails_to_user_lock

To see a report you can use Transaction SA38 to execute Report RSUSR006, it may be possible to adapt this to send an email using ABAP and scheduled jobs. I would advise asking an ABAP'er.

Regards

Ashley

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alessandro is referring to an "Enterprise Portal" - and not to an ABAP system.

Only if the UME is customized to use an ABAP backend as provider then he could utilize ABAP's capabilities to react on auditible events (e.g. the event "user account locked due to too many failed password logon attempts" - technical ID: "AU M", see ABAP transaction SE92). The CCMS Alert Monitoring (ABAP Transaction RZ20) allows to define how to react on an alert message.

0 Kudos

Yes, we are using an Enterprise Portal..

Our UME is not customized to use ABAP backend as provider...

I think that must be some settings in the System Admin interface or in Web AS to solve my issue...

Any suggestions????

null

0 Kudos

The settings for the Security Policy of the UME (User Management Engine) are described in the

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b5/16c43bdd3da244a1d3372a77b5f83f/frameset.htm">Online Help - Security Policy</a>

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz

0 Kudos

Thanks,

but what about the mail notification for the userAdmin?

We would like to have the possibility to automatically inform the userAdmin when some user is blocked by the system..

Best Regards