cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain JCO Destination, cannot set the server and logon group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am posting this again although it was already answered as part of another thread. It should get a better headline for easier access.

The original thread delt with some other problems in the same vicinity:

I have the following problem with the configuration of the Monitor JCO Destinations

> Select Maintain JCO Destination

>

> Create both destinations one by one. (You will find the status RED -> select

> create to make it GREEN)

>

> metadata --> dictionary data

> modeldata --> application data

> Select MIDDLEWARE in the dropdown and enter the credentials.

In this Step (4.2) the drop downlist has "<SAPID> <hostname>" and the other input fields are disabled. I cannot enter any values.

At the end of the process "Finish" I get the following error messages:

- MsgServerName is not defined.

- SystemName is not defined.

- LogonGroupName is not defined.

I have no idea how to set them.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andre

Veeraraagavan R responded:

====================

If you have a running SLD, then go to http://<host>:<port>/sld. Then click on "Technical Landscapes" Then Click on "New Technical System", add the necessary details about your middleware ( or backend if you want to have a backend in the landscape). Now once this is configured, you can select the Message Server.

Also you need to check if the Group "PUBLIC" is assigned to your middleware/backend. Use the SMLG transaction to check the same. Once you are sure that your instance is assigned to GROUP PUBLIC, Press F6 or click on the "Message Server Status Area" icon (purple in color). Here you must see an entry in "Logon Favourite Storage" with your instance and group PUBLIC. Hope this solves your problem

Andre:

====

Thanks!!! This helped a lot but there is still something missing in my configuration.

I could now create both Monitor JCOs. The Status light is green. But when I test either of them I get the following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=misapdev GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=MID MSSERV=sapmsMID PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Tue Aug 07 09:57:30 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3541 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

So "Group PUBLIC not found" is the important part, I guess.Cheers, Andre

Andre:

=====

Got it ...

In Tx SMLG I forgot to SAVE the new assigment the first time.

Now the test works.

This should make it into the Installation Guide ...

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are some things that have missed the Installation guides.... And then there are a lot of other things which have not made it to the installation guides.... Hope the people in SAP check these things in future releases.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it was a really helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, we have found that you must have more than one Technical System defined in the SLD, otherwise the Message Server Host name remains blank, and "MsgServerName is not defined" message appears when creating the JCo Destinations in the SAP Portal. As soon as we added a second Technical System in the SLD, this problem was solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I found that last night and this did the trick. Thank you.

This is not mentioned in the install documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

like so many other things

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NWA, we generally get a warning saying SLD not accessible and only local system can be administered. This can be solved by going to the Deploy and Change link in NWA and selecting the NWA template and doing all the steps (1-7) of the template installer for NWA category. I hope this helps you Andre, I was actually misguided from an other sdn post which says it is just a general message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Veeraraagavan,

that was a great help. Would have saved me a lot of pain if I had know it before I came here

I did the steps and the error message went away!!!

Do you have a pointer to the documentation of the Template Configurator Stuff?

Cheers, Andre

(I already gave you all the point available

Message was edited by:

André Gerdts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for cutting into your thread. I am trying to configure SAP Portal to enable me to use BEx Web Application Designer. I have run the Template Installer for BI and I am getting the same PUBLIC group message when I test the connection. I have followed all the texts on setting up in trans smlg and this is saved.

I am still getting the same 'Group PUBLIC not found' message. Should I run the NWA templates? Or will that mess up my system?

Thanks for any advice.

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I am not sure about running the templates in an already configured system.

But I found that I had to manually add "PUBLIC" in the SLD dialog, although I first did it in Tx SMLG.

I did the following:

- http://<host>:<port>/sld (same host and port as NetWeaver Adminstrator)

- Technical Landscape

- Choose your system (or add it first)

- click on the message server

- and check whether the Logon Groups contain PUBLIC

Cheers, Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a running SLD, then go to http://<host>:<port>/sld. Then click on "Technical Landscapes" Then Click on "New Technical System", add the necessary details about your middleware ( or backend if you want to have a backend in the landscape). Now once this is configured, you can select the Message Server.

Also you need to check if the Group "PUBLIC" is assigned to your middleware/backend. Use the SMLG transaction to check the same. Once you are sure that your instance is assigned to GROUP PUBLIC, Press F6 or click on the "Message Server Status Area" icon (purple in color). Here you must see an entry in "Logon Favourite Storage" with your instance and group PUBLIC. Hope this solves your problem