cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i'm not able to enter in to create material master screen even after entering the material type and other field. system gives error saying "internal no assignment is not possible for this entry" and when i try to give my own material no agian it gives error " external no assginment is not possible for this entry.....". please advise

thanks,

prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction MMNR and define number ranges. Please award points if you find this information useful.

let me know if you need more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh, thanks you so much for your reply.

let me go home and check with that and i'll get back if that is not solved

thank you again

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramesh thanks, my problem has solved and i have given you pionts also. thank you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG-Logistics general-Material Master-Basic Settings-Material Types-Define attributes of material types. Click on attributes of material types, select the material type, click on details icon. There in general data you will see a field 'external no. assignment w/o check.' If you have ticked on this then you can use external material no. that means when you create the material master in MM01 you can specify your own material code because it is external. But if there is no tick on the external no. assignment, then there is internal number assignment for the material type.

Go to IMG-Logistics general-Material Master-Basic Settings-Material Types-Define number ranges for each material type. Click on this, there you click on 'overview'. Here you will see against your material type the numner ranges maintained. Both external number range as well as internal number range will be shown. Just check this and create the material accordingly.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a num. range using the T.Code - SNUM, and then asssign that two digit num/alphabets in the SPRO.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , thank you so much for your reply.

thank you again

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLS CHECK NO RANGE ASSIGNMENT FOR MATERIAL MASTER <b>SNRO</b> <b>OMT3B</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thank you so much for your reply.

thank you again

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check for whether mat no range assigned in customizing

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi prasanth,

i think you are using internal number for material creation. so just give the material type and industrial sector in the material master create screen(MM01).then the system will assign the no and you can proceed further.

regards,

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

no Thyagarajan, actually it is not taking both internal and external number range it is giving error saying internal (external number) range is not possible for this entry. thanks for your reply

let me go home and check with other replies and i'll get back if that is not solved