Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Dirty DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using JDI for version control. when I try to import

a DC into consolidation cbs make failed indicating that a

dirty dc exists. The dc compiled well in the dev build space. Because of this dirty dc all other imports are failing. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You need to analyse the cause for this Dirty DCs through the CBS web ui. Search for "Requests" in the buildspace where this DC exists - you will see failed requests. Look into the request log for one such failed request. What does the log say ?

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Till JDI SP9 version there is no option for deleting DC ot workspace/workspace folders, if you are using sp11 i hope it is possible. AS you are aware that you can delete subtrees directly from NWDS,(In checkout mode). Another possiblity is command prompt of your dtrshell.bat

excute the command >deleteworkspace -w "Folderpath" before excuting this command Make sure that " For your project/Workspace for you User enough previlages are given i mean ACL are enabled" right click on your workspace and ACL's have you given read,write, modify enabled.

Here is a URL, it is the only place where i found little bit info about Deleting Resources From the Client Workspace

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/5cc5d7a3e741d3905e37d460c4d8c3/frameset.htm

Working With the DTR -> Basic Operations in the DTR->

1)Deleting Resources From the Repository

2)Deleting Resources From the Client Workspce

Hope this solves your problem!

Regards,

RK

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

The question was not about deleting a DC, but to eliminate at "Dirty DC" by making it build correctly.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the cbs build log in Dev space. At the end of the build log I found 'Ant build finished with WARNINGS'.

Does that make a DC Dirty? However the request log shows that request has succeeded and there are no dirty components.

There are no pending activities. We are using sp12.

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

This requires more analysis - so it is good that you have created an OSS message. Our support people have given you some suggestions. I'll update this thread once we have an confirmation from you that the problem was resolved.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

we had same problem with sp12. the dirty dcs will be processed after some time.. i.e. in my case ..I tried it after 3 days and it worked.. seems that it is problem with SP12..

any ideas...