cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD transport from development to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The XI Development is completed in Dev System. Now i have to shift it to Production System. I read some blogs on the same but didnt get clear picture.

1.As for ID and IR objects are considered i will do a normal export and import activities. is it right?

2.For SLD i have exported the ALL- all instances of a CIM namespace. Now can i directly import it on Production SLD ?

Regards

Ramesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog on how to transport:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

regards,

vasanth

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Go through these blogs will help you..

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

Regards

Vikas

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1.As for ID and IR objects are considered i will do a normal export and import activities. is it right?</i>

Correct if u r following transport using File System. U could also opt for transport using CMS.

<i>2.For SLD i have exported the ALL- all instances of a CIM namespace. Now can i directly import it on Production SLD ?</i>

Use of single SLD is recommended.

Also have a look here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the reply.

<i>Correct if u r following transport using File System. U could also opt for transport using CMS.</i>

I meant exporting and importing of ID and IR objects by creating .tpz files (through export object option).This is file system rigth?

<i>Use of single SLD is recommended.</i>

Yes the SLD is local to the production system, the SLD in dev is different and production is different.

I have already exported using the option(all CIM instances) in administration of SLD. Is it right way? Can i go ahead with this ??

and by the way prateek, the link which you provided is not opening!

Regards,

Ramesh P

Message was edited by:

Ramesh Parashivamurthy