cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adpater framework using qRFC to send data to integration engine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Forum,

when adpater framework sends data to the integration engine, i suppose it uses a qRFC, and when integration engine sends data to adpater framework,

Is my assumption correct, if so,

can i get a description about it,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>when adpater framework sends data to the integration engine, i suppose it uses a qRFC

Only if the appln uses EOIO Qos. If the QoS is maintained as EO then tRFC queue is used.

Same is the logic when IE sends data to AE.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jai....

<<Only if the appln uses EOIO Qos>>, u mean to say if a specific adpater specifies EOIO, qRFC is used,

is it correct if i say,

if i have a file to XI scenario, and my file adapter says EO, then it uses tRFC to send data to integration engine,

and if i configure my file adapter as EOIO, then it uses qRFC,

one more question pls,

when integration engine sends data to adapter.....what does it use qRFC or tRFC,

and its governed by what

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>if i have a file to XI scenario, and my file adapter says EO, then it uses tRFC to send data to integration engine,

and if i configure my file adapter as EOIO, then it uses qRFC,

Correct.

>>>when integration engine sends data to adapter.....what does it use qRFC or tRFC, and its governed by what

Same concept. If the message was transmitted using EOIO QoS, then EOIO is maintained in AE also. EOIO is always achieved using qRFC. But the details of how EOIO is achieved with in AE is still a gray area for me..

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jai,

i have some doubts(probably lot of) regarding these qRFC, i should have asked it in a separate thread...but would prefer to do that here if u dont mind....

can u tell me ...if there's a way to associate a particular qRFC queue with a particular destination, i mean to say can i specify...that a particular qRFC queue should be used with a particular Destination........

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>if there's a way to associate a particular qRFC queue with a particular destination</i>

This could not be achieved. During communication, the receiver system has no knowledge of the queues.

See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f0/225c3c60065627e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upto my knowledge no...

qRFC or EOIO is used at scenario level only. ie. If I configure a File to File scenario, I can use EOIO for all msg passing across this scenario. If the same scenario contains 2 receivers, I cant maintain EOIO separately for these 2 receivers.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PRATEEK, THANKS,

but ur URL took me to qRFC description, which i have partially read, but i didnt get the answer to my question.....may be i didnt understand it....can u pls give me a hint how should i proceed......

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the "The qRFC Communication Model" -> Have a look at the 3 scenarios there.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you describe your requirement here as what you are trying to achieve?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Jai Shankar,

my requirement is like, we have different set of scenarios(say set A, B,C), which are sending message to XI, through qRFC,

i need that set A, B, C dont use a single queue........means they should use their own queues,

can i statically assign these set of scenarios to a particular queue,

the only way to differentiate these set of scenarios is by their "sender Business System"

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>the only way to differentiate these set of scenarios is by their "sender Business System"

If it is different sender, then it is separate scenario. rite? Then what is the problem in achieving EOIO for each?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (0)